Accessing the project regions section via the region tab in the project management section opens up a variety of advanced options add, remove and adjust regions specifically to your project.
Any region that you might have already added to the project in the general project information tab will be displayed on this page. You can use the search box at the top of the country list of to filter for a specific already added country.
You can use the map to explore the administrative divisions available in the DEEP for each selected region. Additionally you can clone & edit a region to modify the country data to you needs as well as simply removing a region by selecting the red "Remove region" button.
Adding a country
Adding new countries by selecting the green “+Add” button will open a popup menu. After selecting the "Use existing regions" radio button you find several options to add countries to your project:
- Click on the dropdown menu and select the country
- Click on the dropdown menu and type the name of the country
- Add all countries listed in the DEEP by picking the “Select all” () option on the right side of the dropdown
- You can clear all selected countries in the list by picking the “Clear selection” () option on the right side of the dropdown
Furthermore, you can execute delete country action in the table.
Finish the process by clicking on the "Update" button.
Creating and adding a new region
While the DEEP offers a comprehensive data set of countries and their administrative divisions it also offers you the option create your own regions as well as use your own administrative division data.
For example: While the deep features all countries of the European Union you will not find a region called "European Union". Using the listed steps below you could custom build this region and even add or remove individual countries from it.
Note that this functionality is aimed at users with Geographic Information System (GIS) experience!
- Add a new region by selecting the green “+Add” button. After selecting the "Use existing regions" radio button in the popup you can enter the title and code of the region and continue by clicking the blue "Add" button.
- Proceed by adding the admin levels by selecting the blue "+Add admin level" button on the bottom right side of the screen. Fill out all the relevant fields and upload the geo shape file (note that the DEEP supports .json, .geojson and shapefiles compressed in ZIP) for your region.
- Finish by clicking in the "Save changes" button