The Leads Overview page is a comprehensive summary of all data sources that have been uploaded to a project. You can add new Leads manually by selecting the blue "Add Leads" button in the upper right corner. The overview page also allows you search and for uploaded leads, add new leads and perform a variety of other actions that will be discussed below.
The Leads Overview table
The core function of Leads Overview page is a table listing all the uploaded data sources. The table is separated in the following eleven columns:
- Type: Displays the type/format (websites, PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RSS feeds, text files (.txt) and images) of the Lead as a symbol for quick reference. In most cases the symbol will be highlighted in green. By clicking on the symbol you can directly access (in case of a website) or download (PDF, Word, Excel etc.) the Lead
- Title: The title of the Lead
- Publisher: Indicates the publisher of the Lead
- Published: Displays the publication date of the Lead
- Owner: Displays the name of the person who has uploaded the Lead
- Assignee: Displays the name of the person who was assigned to process the Lead
- Created: Displays the time and date when the Lead was first uploaded to DEEP
- Confidentiality: Shows the level of confidentiality (confidential, protected, restricted and unprotected) that was assigned to the Lead
- Status: Indicates if the Lead's analysis has been processed or if it is still pending
- Entries: Displays the number of Entries created in this Lead
The Actions column lists several icons that allow you to perform the most essential commands to modify your lead:
Mark Lead as processed
Mark Lead as pending
Search for a similar Lead (this will search for uploaded Leads with similarities in the title - e.g. "floods", "tsunamis" etc. - and display them as a filtered selection in the Leads Overview Table)
Remove Lead from the project (you will have to confirm this action in a popup as the lead along with all the associated entries and assessment will be removed)
Edit the information of the Lead
Add an entry from this Lead
In the lower left corner of the Leads Overview you will find the "Show visualization" button as well as the option to modify the number of Leads displayed per page in the table. Please note that a higher number of "Leads per page" might have an impact on the overall performance of the Leads Overview table.
"Show visualization" will open a page with an automatically generated map and a number of data visualizations that based on all the data that has been extracted from the project's Leads through Entries so far.
The number of pages of your Leads Overview table is displayed in the lower right section of the page:
You can use the interface to browse through the tables further content. Please note that the number of pages will vary depending on your "Leads per page" setting.
The search and filter section above the table allows you to search and narrow down specific leads through a combination of search fields and dropdown lists:
When selecting any dropdown menu you will have the option to select multiple values. Furthermore, you can select all available options in the assignee, confidentiality and status dropdown list by picking the “Select all” icon or remove your selection by clicking the “Clear selection” icon.
Once you are satisfied with you selected filters and search parameters click on "Apply filters" to change the content displayed in the table or click on "Clear filter".